Biography at Glance
Dr. Theresa Meier Conley joined the Department of Marketing as a faculty member at the Daniels College of Business in 2001. Her business and scholarly interests include: product development, design-thinking, innovation, positioning, brand development, nonprofit marketing and international marketing. She applies her professional corporate experience and academic background as a marketing consultant for a variety of business ventures. Conley came to Daniels after a lengthy career as a corporate marketing executive including positions at AT&T, TCI Internet Services (now Comcast) and US WEST/Qwest (now CenturyLink).
Awards & Honors
- Emcee, TEDxDU, Radical Collaboration series
- Women in Cable and Telecommunications “Woman of the Year-Walk of Fame” award
- Product development and brand building: current focus is on a location-specific, mixed-use, commercial real estate business franchise venture called überBURBS. This new concept stimulates community-building and a local cultural connection in edge-city suburbs.
- Nonprofit, Charity, and Social Marketing Education in the United States: An Examination of Scope, Intention, and the Nature of Curricula for Graduate and Undergraduate Students, PhD dissertation (published, April 2012)
- Process and Decision Making for Undergraduate Students of Color for Study Abroad, peer-reviewed academic presentation at Marketing Educators Association for the American Association for the Advancement of Curriculum Studies Conference (presented April 2010)
- Improving Writing through Marketing Curriculum: A Longitudinal Study; D. Bacon, T. Conley, C. Johnson, P. Paul, Journal of Marketing Education (JME) (published December 2008)
Education and Certifications
- PhD, Curriculum and Instruction, Morgridge College of Education, University of Denver
- Certificate in Professional Project, Program Management, University of Denver
- Certificate in Data Networking Solutions, US WEST Training Center
- Certificate in Telecommunications, University of Colorado
- MS, Communication Technology, Eastern Illinois University
- BA, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Eastern Illinois University