Biography at a Glance
Sandra Young is a lecturer in the Department of Marketing at Daniels. She joined Daniels in 2003 as an adjunct faculty member. Her prior career included teaching internationally and writing. Young began her career as a physical therapist and then moved into management and teaching.
Academic Professional Activities
- Ebrahimi, B.P., and Young, S.A. (2010). Sustainability Reporting and Financial Performance: A Content Analysis of Sustainability Reports. Paper accepted for presentation at 4th Annual International Conference on Business and Sustainability. Portland, Oregon.
- Ebrahimi, B.P., and Young, S.A. (2006). A meta-analytic study of corporate entrepreneurship and firm performance: Preliminary results. Paper accepted for presentation at BPS and Entrepreneurship Track, Southern Management Meetings.
- Ebrahimi, B.P., Petrick, J.A., & Young, S. A. (2005). Managerial Role Motivation and Role-Related Ethical Orientation in Hong Kong. Journal of Business Ethics, 60 (1). 29–45.
- Ebrahimi, B.P., Petrick, J.A., & Young, S. A. 2004. Managerial Role Motivation and Role-Related Ethical Orientation in Hong Kong, Proceedings of the Annual Southern Management Association meetings, San Antonio, Texas, November 6. Awarded the 2004 Ethics/Social Issues/Diversity Track Best Paper.
- Ebrahimi, B.P., & Young, S.A. (2002). Corporate entrepreneurship, market orientation, strategy, and firm performance: An empirical investigation. Proceedings of the 2002 Annual Meetings of Southern Management Association, Atlanta, Georgia, November 6–9, 1–6.
- Ebrahimi, B.P., Young, S.A., and Luk, V.W.M. (2001). Motivation to Manage in China and Hong Kong: A Gender Comparison of Managers. Special Issue on Gender and Diversity in Organizations. Sex Roles: A Journal of Research. 45(5/6). 433–453.
- Summer Research Grant 2009—Ongoing research on sustainability and corporate social responsibility. Faculty advisor for Daniels Mu Kappa Tau chapter—national marketing honor society.
- Supervisor for marketing graduate assistants
- ABD, Post Graduate Research, Marketing, University of North Texas
- MBA, Marketing, University of North Texas
- Bachelor of Science, Physical Therapy, University of North Texas