Biography at a Glance
Ron Throupe is an associate professor at the Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management, Daniels College of Business. He also has 25 years of experience in various roles in the real estate and construction industries. He has been a licensed general contractor and is a certified general appraiser in the states of Washington and Colorado. While employed at major universities, Ron is a consultant on valuation methods and is the managing partner of American Valuation Partners (AVP). He previously provided expert valuation and consultation services on a full-time basis in Seattle as Director of Operations of Mundy Associates, a national real estate consulting and appraisal firm. He has conducted research, published extensively and made presentations to the American Real Estate Society annual meetings, the National Hazard Mitigation Conference, the National Council of Real Estate Investment Fiduciaries and Law Seminars International.
When working with the media, Throupe can address issues from a real estate, developer and appraiser perspective. He can discuss the implications of market economics on real estate stability and its impact on consumer and commercial real estate as well as appraiser best practices and market analysis of development projects.
Academic Professional Activities
- Editorial Board: Journal of Real Estate Sustainability
- Officer of the American Real Estate Society (ARES) Critical Issues Seminar
- Invited presenter, American Bar Association: National Eminent Domain Conference
- Housing Colorado: keynote speaker: Real estate economics for Colorado, Oct 2012
- “Highly Commended” paper award, Emerald Literati Network 2013
- Colorado and Denver Quarterly Apartment rent and vacancy surveys
- Principle Real Estate Expert: BP Oil spill, Gulf coast
- See DU portfolio for publication copies
- PhD, Real Estate/Finance, University of Georgia, Terry School of Business
- MBA, Finance/Real Estate, University of Georgia, Terry School of Business
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Connecticut
- BA, Fairfield University