Biography at a Glance
Lorenzo Patelli joined the Daniels College of Business in 2011 as an assistant professor. Prior to joining the School of Accountancy, he taught at Benedictine College and previously at Erasmus University Rotterdam in the Netherlands. He earned his PhD from Università Bocconi in 2006. Patelli has served as editor of the Journal of International Business and as an ad-hoc reviewer for a number of journals, including Journal of Business Ethics, Management Accounting Research, Journal of Management and Governance, and European Accounting Review. He has received a number of academic honors, including several teaching excellence awards and the 2008 David Solomons Prize from Management Accounting Research.
- PhD, Business Administration and Management—Accounting, Università Bocconi
Professional Academic Activities
- Patelli, L., and M. Pedrini (forthcoming), “Is Tone at the Top Associated with Financial Reporting Aggressiveness?”, Journal of Business Ethics, DOI: 10.1007/s10551-013-1994-6.
- Patelli, L., and M. Pedrini (forthcoming), “Is the Optimism in CEO’s Letters to Shareholders Sincere? Impression Management versus Communicative Action during the Economic Crisis”, Journal of Business Ethics, DOI: 10.1007/s10551-013-1855-3.
- H. Grove, and L. Patelli (2013), ‘Lehman Brothers and Bear Stearns: Risk Assessment and Corporate Governance Differences?”, Corporate Ownership and Control, 10.
- E. Basilico, H. Grove, and L. Patelli (2012), “Asia’s Enron: Satyam (Sanskrit Word for Truth)”, Journal of Forensic & Investigative Accounting, 4(2).
- H. Grove, L Patelli, L., Victoravich, and P. Xu (2011), “Corporate Governance and Performance in the Wake of the Financial Crisis: Evidence from US Commercial Banks”, Corporate Governance: An International Review, 19(5), 418-436.
- Habisch, M. A., L. Patelli, M. Pedrini, and C. Schwarz (2011), “Different talks with different folks: A comparative survey of Stakeholder Dialogue in Germany, Italy, and the U.S.”, Journal of Business Ethics, 100(3), 381-404.
- Dossi, A., L. Patelli, and L. Zoni (2010), “The Missing Link between Corporate Performance Measurement Systems and Chief Executive Officer Incentive Plans”, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, 25(4), 5311-558.
- Dossi, A., and L. Patelli (2010), “Performance measurement systems in multinational companies: the use of non-financial performance indicators in relationships between headquarters and subsidiaries”, Long Range Planning, 43(4), 498-526.
- Dossi, A., and L. Patelli (2008), “The decision-influencing use of performance measurement systems (PMS) in relationships between headquarters and subsidiaries”, Management Accounting Research, 19(1), 126-148. Winner of the David Solomons Prize (best paper published by Management Accounting Research in 2008).
- Patelli, L., and A. Prencipe (2007), “The relationship between voluntary disclosure and independent directors in presence of a dominant shareholder”, European Accounting Review, 16(1), 5-33.
Academic Positions Held
- Assistant Professor, School of Accountancy, Daniels College of Business
- Assistant Professor, Benedictine College, School of Business
- Assistant Professor, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics