Biography at a Glance
John Holcomb is a professor at the Daniels College of Business, joining the College in 1989. His other teaching experience includes the University of California, Berkeley, the University of Maryland, Rutgers University and George Washington University. Holcomb is recipient of the John D. Herschner award. He served as the director of the Foundation for Public Affairs, which tracked political and social issues affecting business as well as analysis and newsletters on political interest groups, corporate public affairs initiatives and executive training. He was also director of Urban Affairs and Corporate Responsibility—Public Affairs Council, counseling corporate executives and conducting conferences and seminars on corporate governance, shareholder resolutions, corporate social responsibility and corporate urban affairs activities. Holcomb is a former member of the Colorado Commission on Judicial Discipline, former member of the Advisory Committee of the National Association of Corporate Directors, Colorado Chapter, past president of the Rocky Mountain Academy of Legal Studies in Business and member of the International Association for Business and Society, the Academy of Management and the American Political Science Association.
When working with the media, Holcomb is able to address issues of corporate governance and criminal liability, corporate responsibility and campaign finance, drawing on extensive research in both of those areas. His experience and research enable him to discuss issues from both a practical and high-level perspective. His commentary can also be found on the nationally acclaimed www.theracetothebottom.org, a blog on important legal issues of the day.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- MA, Political Science, NDEA Fellow, Vanderbilt University
- BA, Political Science, Intercollegiate Debater, Augustana College
Academic Positions Held
- Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Associate Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Visiting Associate Professor of Strategic Management and Public Policy, George Washington University
- Associate Professor, Department of Business Administration, Rutgers University
- Assistant Professor, College of Business and Management, University of Maryland
- Lecturer, Schools of Business Administration, University of California, Berkeley
- Boston Red Sox
- Georgetown Hoyas basketball