Biography at a Glance
Hugh Grove is professor of accountancy for the Daniels College of Business. He joined the College after receiving his doctorate from the University of Southern California in 1975. Previously, Grove served as visiting professor for the University of Colorado and Bocconi University in Milan, Italy, and as assistant professor for California State Polytechnic University.
- DBA, Accounting, University of Southern California
- MBA, Accounting, University of Michigan
- BA, Accounting, University of Michigan
Academic Professional Activities
- Professor, Daniels College of Business
- Visiting Professor, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy
- Visiting Professor, University of Colorado
- Assistant Professor, California State Polytechnic University
- “Bankruptcy and Fraud Analysis: Shorting and Selling Stocks,” with Tom Cook, Greg Throckmorton and Eric Streeper, Journal of Forensic and Investigative Accounting, 2010, Vol. 2, Issue 2, July–December.
- “Exiting AmData Software China Ltd.: Sell Now or Later?” with Tom Cook, Yuhua Hao, and Tomas Casas, Case Research Journal—forthcoming and also winner of the best finance case at the North American Case Research Association annual meeting, 2009.
- Co-Chair, Annual Corporate Governance Workshop, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management, Brussels, Belgium, June 2010—co-chair for the seventh year in a row for this conference since its inception and co-author on six different research papers for the 2010 conference.