Biography at a Glance
Charles Patti, PhD is a Professor of Marketing in the Department of Marketing. Prior to joining the University of Denver in 2006, he was Head of the School of Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia.
His research covers advertising, marketing communication, and customer experience management and his work includes journal articles, book chapters, and eight books on various aspects of advertising and marketing. His research has appeared in the Journal of Advertising, the Journal of Advertising Research, the Journal of Marketing, the Journal of Marketing Communications, Industrial Marketing Management, and others.
He has extensive international experience in teaching, consulting, and executive training with universities and companies in Italy, New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, France, Finland, Germany, Chile, Hong Kong, and England. His consulting clients have included Aetna Insurance, McDonald’s, Otis Elevator, Siemens, Texas Instruments, and Philip Morris.
He is a past winner of the Marketing Educator of the Year Award and is the 2013 recipient of the James Hershner Free Enterprise Award.
- Professor of Marketing University of Denver September 2014 – Present
- Interim Dean, Daniels College of Business University of Denver June 2013 – August 2014
- James M. Cox Professor of Marketing University of Denver 2006 – July 2013
- Head, School of Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations Queensland University of Technology July 1997 – July 2006
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, PhD, Advertising
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BA, History and Literature, MS, Advertising