Biography at a Glance
Barbara Stuart is a professor of management for the Daniels College of Business. In 1998, she was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to teach Small Group Dynamics and Conflict Resolution at Kazan State University in Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan, in the Former Soviet Union. She joined the full-time faculty as lecturer in the Department of Management in 2007. Stuart is experienced managing multicultural teams and multimillion-dollar projects as a CEO, president, COO, senior program manager (Pakistan Earthquake Relief), chief of party (USAID—Tajikistan) and chief of mission, Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation— Kosovo.
- Certificate, Cognitive Science, University of Colorado, Boulder
- Master’s Degree, Planning and Community Development, University of Colorado, Denver
- Bachelor’s Degree, Political Science, University of Colorado, Denver
Awards and Honors
- 2012-2013 Inclusive Excellence Award for Faculty
Academic Professional Activities
- Design, develop and deliver a course on bullying for a comprehensive peer professional development program (Colorado 14ers through HR)
- Design, develop and deliver a session for the VIP Program of the Office of Special Programs in the Provost’s Office. These are recruiting efforts to bring students from underrepresented populations to DU. organized materials, prepared a photo exhibit and distributed photos of the Alaska trip. 4/29
- Teach mini lecture to students from Abraham Lincoln High School Oct 21, 2015 Conflict Resolution through the Lens of Hamilton an American Musical
- Designed, developed and delivered 12 day immersion study in Alaska, including sourcing speakers, activities, and deliverables. Sustainable Decision Making The Iditarod Way
- Digital Media – Audiovisual Performance – Educational Guide MS #1490, “The Kaleidoscope of Student-Centered Learning. Submitted STLHE Ca June 24, 2016
- Stuart, B. Latin American and European Management and Organizational Studies. Decolonizing Pedagogy in a Business School Classroom April 9, 2016 . Valparaiso Chile. Student Co-author, Aliy Higgins
- Unconference DU OTL Presenter. Pecha Kucha and Other Visual Methods February 9, 2016
- Internationalization Summit Debriefing Decolonizing Methods April 15, 2015 Student co-author Aliy Higgins
- Stuart, B. et al. (2014). “Co-constructing Corruption’s Contexts. Multiple perspectives” 5th Latin American and European Meeting on Organization Studies, Havana, Cuba. Sponsored by the European Group on Organizational Studies
- Stuart, B., Fukami, C., & Allen, D. (2012). What effect does an expendable workforce business model have on the community? A review of EEOC vs. JBS Swift treatment of Somali workers in Greeley, Colorado. in the North American Case Research Association Research-in-Progress (“Embryo” Cases) . Boston, MA.
- 2012 Lilly Conference Teaching for Brain-Based Learning, 2/10–12, 2012. “Jazzy Neurons! Improvisation in Teaching and Learning” with Center for Teaching and Learning grant funding support.
- Fellow, Institute for Enterprise Ethics (2011); Fukami, C., Allen, D. & Stuart, B. (2011). Somali Refugees at JBS Swift in Greeley.
- Case Reviewer, Journal of Management Education, NACRA, and Not-for-Profit Track Chair, NACRA 2011 and 2012; Text Reviewer, McGraw-Hill, Organizational Behavior and Principles of Management.
- Stuart, B. (2010). When service learning does a disservice. A case study. Presented in embryo case reviews for the Western Academy of Management Casewriter’s Association Conference. Kona, HI.
- Stuart, B. (2010). Engaging with difference with the Apple ‘Think Different’ campaign. Presentation, Organizational Behavior Teaching Society. Alb, N.M.