Biography at a Glance
Andy Sherbo has more than 35 years of experience in financial management, cost/economic analysis and accounting. He is currently the Director of the Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) Center for Cost and Financial Analysis and the SAIC Center for Nonprofit Financial Management and Analysis. He previously served as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Pacific Air Forces, culminating a career of 26 years of active duty in the United States Air Force. He has over 140 classes of teaching experience over the last 35 years at the undergraduate, master’s and Ph.D. levels in economics, corporate finance, public finance, international finance, capital planning/budgeting, managerial accounting, nonprofit financial management, statistics, investments and taxation. He has served on twenty three Dissertation Committees as either the Chairperson or Committee Member and as an Advisor for 32 Graduate Level Public Policy Memorandums. He is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®).
- Ph.D., Public Policy Analysis & Administration, (Fiscal Policy/Finance), Saint Louis University
- M.P.A., Master of Public Administration (Finance), University of Georgia
- B.A., Public Administration. Drake University
Academic Professional Activities
- Revised Introductory Undergraduate DU Finance Course (FIN 2800) Summer 2009. New Syllabus implemented Autumn 2009.
- Tasked to Revise DU MBA Managerial Finance Course (FIN 4630) Summer 2010.
- Published Author to include National Tax Journal and Journal of Applied Business and Entrepreneurship.