Are student loans getting you down? Are you too sunburned to spend another minute at Wash Park? Are you tired of watching free B-movies on OnDemand? Don’t worry, I’m here to help! Here are some secrets for getting cheap tickets to fun events around town (on a Ramen noodle budget):
- Explore Denver at the Driscoll Student Center: The Driscoll Student Center is the building that bridges Evans. On the north side, you will find a desk with a sign that says “Explore Denver.” They sell cheap tickets to events at the Newman Center and the Denver Center for the Performing Arts (DCPA). They also give away free tickets to the Denver Museum for Nature and Science, the Denver Botanic Gardens, and more.
- SCFD Ticket Program at the DCPA: Every Tuesday, the DCPA releases $10 tickets to its shows. The DCPA is very generous with its $10 seating (see picture below — this was the last show I attended with $10 tickets). However, this is not the best-kept secret in town — tickets generally sell out within 1/2 an hour of being released, so make sure you are ready to buy on Tuesday at 10 a.m.!
- Free Days: Many of the museums and art galleries around town offer free admission on a few days each year. For example, you can check out the Denver Zoo for free on February 5th, 6th, and 16th, and November 5th, 16th, and 28th.
- Mile High on the Cheap: This website keeps track of the many random deals offered in and around Denver. Under the “Daily Deals” tab, you can see the deals available in Denver at Groupon, Living Social, Weekly Plus, etc. — all in one place.
- Daniels Student Events: You can attend a wide variety of student events at Daniels for free or very low prices.
- DU Hockey Games: There is always a very enthuiastic student section in attendance at DU hockey games. Tickets are only $5 for students, and are available at the DU box office (on the north side of the Ritchie Center) on the Monday before each home game.
Leave a Reply