Statistics Undergraduate Degrees
The Department of Business Information and Analytics at Daniels offers a major and minors for business majors and non-business majors in statistics. The bachelor of science in business administration–statistics degree program, emphasizes quantitative techniques for analyzing business problems and assisting in the decision-making process. Statisticians use statistical techniques to:
- Discover relationships between variables
- Predict revenues
- Establish industry standards
- Determine the effectiveness of a new drug
- Make decisions based on the results of their data analysis
Minor in Statistics
A wide range of fields rely on the analysis and application of information. You’ll find that a minor in statistics is an excellent complement to a wide variety of majors such as:
- Major in Business Information Technology: Will give you the knowledge to manage data for a business. A statistics minor will help you to analyze the data.
- Major in Marketing: Will give you the knowledge to manage advertising and promotions or a business supply chain. A statistics minor will help you develop surveys to gather information from your customers so that you can target them better. It will also help you use forecasting and simulation to manage your supply chain.
- Major in Finance: Will give you knowledge about the financial elements of business organizations. A statistics minor will help you to use forecasting and multivariate techniques to analyze financial data.
- Major in Economics: Will give you knowledge about the processes of production, trade, investment, and growth and development. A statistics minor will help you use forecasting and regression to predict future conditions.