Custom Programs: A Wise Investment in Your Organization
The most successful businesses today are learning organizations that understand and develop the potential they already possess. Make an investment in developing, teaching and guiding the talent already working within your organization.
Innovative, Relevant and Strategic
Through the Custom Corporate Program, the Daniels College of Business partners with organizations to build innovative leadership programs for their executives and emerging leaders. With a commitment to relevance as our guide, we focus on crafting a program that is tailored to the specific needs, culture and strategy of your organization. The result is a measurable increase in performance.
Our programs can be developed in any format, over any time frame, on any topic, As many companies have come to realize, “Programs tailored to their particular problems and strategies generally provide a bigger, more immediate payback than open-enrollment courses.” (“Just for You,” Wall Street Journal, September 17, 2007).
Typically, programs are under 10 days and spread out over the course of several months. They usually include courses on finance, leadership and marketing.
What makes a successful program?
- The program is supported and sponsored by the senior leadership team.
- Participants are identified or nominated by the leadership team and commitment to the entire program is supported and required.
- The cohort is built with people from related but different job functions and business units in order to promote the transfer of organizational knowledge and the creation of a strong internal network.
- Format of the program includes a few intensive days separated by an interval where they practice on the job what they learned in the classroom.
- Reading assignments, exercises and case studies are rigorous and explore similar industries as well as very different industries in order to spark innovation.
- Participants work with faculty coaches on either individual or team projects that are chosen or approved by senior leadership so projects are completed by the end of the program.
- Program content is integrated so participants not only gain requisite technical skills, but also identify and strengthen their personal leadership style and their ability to execute. Organizational performance is achieved through the balance of these areas with a solid foundation in ethics and with an awareness of the unique context in which all organizations operate.