Are you up for a little friendly competition?
Each year, the Daniels College of Business Graduate Business Student Association plays host to business students from around the country in a business ethics case competition and Alpine ski challenge rolled into one. As one of the country’s premier business ethics case competitions, Race & Case allows students to apply critical thinking and ethical decision making to unique, real-world situations. Not to mention, a chance to conquer fresh, Rocky Mountain powder.
2016 Race & Case
Mark your calendar and wax your skis.
2015 Race & Case
Register now for the 2016 competition. The National competition will be held February 26 & 27 at Daniels College of Business and Beaver Creek Ski Resort.
- Competition Format: Learn about the format, scoring system, guidelines and other considerations.
- Sponsors: Learn more about who sponsors Race & Case or how to become a sponsor.
- FAQ: Answers to your questions.
- Cash prize to winner of National competition.
- A limited number of airline vouchers are available to National teams through Southwest Airlines.
Schedule: Internal Competition
- Friday, January 29—Case Competition (at Daniels College of Business)
- Saturday, January 30—Ski Competition (at Beaver Creek Ski Resort)
Schedule: National Competition
*Schedule subject to change.
- Thursday, February 25—Teams arrive
- Friday, February 26—Case Competition (at Daniels College of Business)
- Saturday, February 27—Ski Competition and Awards Celebration (at Beaver Creek Ski Resort)
- Sunday, February 28—Teams depart
2015 Race & Case Winners
Congratulations to the 2015 Race & Case Winners!
First Place: University of Utah David Eccles School of Business
Team Members: Tania Bashford, Ellie Prichard, Lance Brown, Annie Studer, Nathanial Goodhue, Landon Ford
Second Place: University of Denver Daniels College of Business
Team Members: Kaz Nakamura, Amy Geisert, Jacob Steinbaugh, Paige Mullen, Lucas Shoenbeck
Third Place: Rice University
Team Members: Michelle Kobelan, C.J. Haynes-Dale, JiaJie Dae, Felipe Armaza, Andy Zagoren, Greg Dunton